TERMS & CONDITIONS
- 1.1 www.giglifeasia.com is an innovative website that allows music fans to buy festival tickets, hotel rooms, transfers and other add-ons for an all-inclusive price (each a “Festival Package”). Whether you buy one of our Festival Packages, or festival tickets, your contract is with Gig Life Asia Private Limited trading as GigLifeAsia.com, business registration number 201433052G, with its registered office address at 1090 Lower Delta Road, #04-16 Tiong Bahru Industrial Estate, Singapore 169201, trading as Gig Life Asia Pte Ltd (“we” or “us”). Your contract with GigLifeAsia.com is subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully as you will be bound by them.1.2 By accepting these terms and conditions you are also accepting the terms and conditions of the festival organiser or promoter relating to the festival, and if you buy one of our Festival Packages, the terms and conditions of your hotel or other accommodation supplier and the conditions of carriage of your transport operator, such terms and conditions being hereby incorporated into this contract. Copies of all terms and conditions can be obtained on request from GigLifeAsia.com prior to making your booking.1.3 We sell our Festival Packages at an all-inclusive price with our supplier “The Appointment Group, STB Travel Agent License number 11429.” and so your booking is regulated by Singapore’s Travel Agents Act 1999.
- 2.1 All Festival Packages and festival tickets are subject to availability. Festival organisers and hotels/other accommodation providers, supply us with a limited number of tickets for sale within a limited sales period and so we only have a limited number of tickets and Festival Packages available at the prices indicated.2.2 To make a booking for your Festival Package, simply follow the instructions on our website. The price of the package listed is for an individual based on double occupancy for hotel rooms and includes roundtrip airfare and transfers.(THIS SHOULD BE DOUBLE OR 4-PERSON OCCUPANCY DEPENDING ON THE PACKAGE) You must select the “Book Now” button to proceed to the payment and check-out page. You must make payment for the total price of the Festival Package using one of our accepted debit or credit cards – see clause 4.2 below. Your payment completes your booking.2.3 We will send you an email confirming receipt of your booking. However, a contract with us will only exist once we have issued you with our booking confirmation setting out the full details of your tickets or Festival Package booking. We will send this to you by email within 7 days following receipt of your booking request. Please check your booking confirmation carefully and notify us immediately at email@example.com if anything on the booking confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete.
- 3.1Full details of what are included in the price of your ticket or Festival Package is shown on our website. Anything not specifically described on our website as being included (IE: VISA FEES, TRAVEL INSURANCE, ETC) in the price is extra and you will need to pay the festival organiser, promoter or hotel or transport operator directly for any services not included in the price of your ticket or package.3.2 We reserve the right to change the price of festival tickets or Festival Packages advertised on our website at any time before you book. The total price of your festival ticket or Festival Package will be confirmed before you proceed with the booking.
- 4.1 In order to make a booking, you must pay the total price of your Festival Package in full.4.2 We accept the following credit or debit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.4.3 We take all reasonable care to ensure that our website is secure and to ensure that it is not possible for any third party to access your payment or other personal information. However we cannot be held liable in the event that any third party obtains personal data or information in an unauthorised manner, unless due to our own negligence.4.4By entering your payment details, you confirm that the credit or debit card that is being used is yours. We do not accept payment using third party credit or debit cards. All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment, we will not be able to process your booking.
- 5.1 Entry into the festival is only permitted on production of a valid ticket or pass. Accordingly, if we issue you with an e-ticket, you must bring that e-ticket and present it at the check-in point in order to gain entry into the festival. If we issue you with a GigLifeAsia.com voucher, you must present the voucher together with the payment card you used for payment and a valid form of ID to the festival check-in point in order to obtain your festival ticket or pass. The festival organiser may refuse you entry if you fail to produce all of the aforementioned documents. GigLifeAsia.com shall have no liability for any refusal of admission on the basis of failure to produce valid documentation.5.2 Artist and attractions included in the festival programme are subject to change. We will advise you of any changes as soon as advised by the festival organiser or promoter.5.3 Festival packages in its entirety are non-refundable unless otherwise specified. Name changes are permitted up to 1 month prior to the festival. If you have purchased a Festival Package and there is a major change to the festival such that the festival is materially different to the one originally advertised we will be liable only to the extent outlined in clause 9.3 below.
- 6.1 Depending on the hotel or other accommodation provider’s policy, you may be required to pay a refundable deposit on arrival at your accommodation to insure against any damages which occur during your occupancy of the property, which may be requested at the time of booking, or subsequently, on your arrival. This deposit will be repaid to you in full at the end of your stay providing you have left the property in a reasonable condition.
- 7.1 If transfers are part of your Festival Package, your booking confirmation for your Festival Package also serves as your ticket for your transfers and you must bring this with you and present it to the transfer operator as evidence of your booking together with a form of valid ID. It is your responsibility to ensure that you check all name, travel times and other details on booking confirmation and advise us immediately if there are any errors. We do not have any liability for a transport operator refusing travel to any customer not carrying the required documentation.7.2 In case we are unable to provide exact locations and times for your transfers at the time your booking is confirmed, we will provide this to you as soon as it is available.7.3 It is your responsibility to ensure that you arrive in good time for departure and otherwise we are not responsible for any refusal by the transport operator.7.4 When travelling by air or sea to a festival outside of Singapore, if you miss your transportation or your transportation is delayed or cancelled and you miss your transfer that we have arranged for you as part of your Festival Package, we are not responsible or liable for this. If an additional transfer is required to get you to your destination due to your own fault, this will be treated as a new and separate booking payable by you. If you miss your flight or transfer, please contact our travel partner “The Appointment Group’s” 24 Hours Emergency hotline at +61 3 8888 8955. Please be advised that overseas phone charges may apply.7.5 Advertised departure times are only approximate and we will not be liable if any transfer arrives or departs later than scheduled. If the transport provider has to alter a departure point or arrival point or the date and time is changed, we will notify all customers as soon as advised by the transport provider.7.6 You will be advised of all luggage restrictions on your booking confirmation.7.7 You must not carry on board any items that are prohibited according to the transport provider’s conditions of carriage. Conditions of carriage are available from GigLifeAsia.com on request. If you are found to have any prohibited items in your possession or within your luggage, you may be refused travel or you may be required to remove the items from your luggage immediately. We shall not have any liability to you in this event. If you require confirmation as to whether a particular item may be carried then you should obtain our written confirmation before purchasing your ticket.
- 8.1 After your booking confirmation has been issued, no cancellations, refunds or modifications are allowed. The payment is charged at the time of purchase. No-shows will be charged in full.8.2In some exceptional cases, depending on our supply agreement with the event, we might be able to process a name change or a partial refund. If a partial refund is possible, please note that a minimum of 20% of the total order will be retained by GigLifeAsia as a result of processing and administration fees for handling the cancellation. To arrange this, you will need to contact us as soon as possible by email at firstname.lastname@example.org If, after our booking confirmation has been issued, you wish to change the accommodation part of your Festival Package, we will make an effort to help you do this subject to availability and subject to any cancellation or amendment charges of the hotel, details of which will be provided to you on request at any time including prior to booking. We may charge you an administration fee for any changes.8.4 If a festival included in your Festival Package is cancelled, we will cancel the entire Festival Package and refund you the full amount you paid for the Festival Package.
- 9.1 We will try to keep changes to your booking to a minimum and we will advise you of any changes to your booking at the earliest possible date.9.2 If, before you have received your booking confirmation, we make a change to the package that you have requested, we will notify you and you have the right to accept the amended package, or to reject the amended package and take a full refund. We shall have no further liability to you other than to refund the package, as no contract shall have been in existence.9.3 If, after you have received your booking confirmation (at which point your contract with us has been formed) but before your Festival Package commences, we have to make a significant change such as a change of date or location of the festival, or we have to cancel any part of your booking, we will notify you immediately with the details of the revised package and the revised price and you will have the choice to either: accept the revised package at the revised price; or (if we are able to offer one to you) take a substitute package of equivalent or superior quality for the same price as the original package; or (if we are able to offer one to you) take a substitute package of lower quality than the original package; or cancel the original package and obtain a full refund. You must inform us of your choice as soon as possible.9.4 If we cancel the Festival Package contract, you may be entitled to compensation, where appropriate. Where compensation is due, we will pay you the amounts set out in clause 9.7 below, unless you can prove a greater loss.9.5 We will not be obliged to compensate you where the Festival Package is cancelled by reason of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control or that of our suppliers, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if due care had been exercised.9.6 If after your trip has commenced, we are unable or we become aware that we will be unable to provide a significant proportion of the Festival Package you have booked, we will make suitable alternative arrangements, at no extra cost to you, for the continuation of the package and will, where appropriate, refund you the difference in the price of the altered package from the original package. If it is impossible to make suitable alternative arrangements or these are not accepted by you for good reasons, we will, where appropriate, provide you with equivalent transport back to the place of departure. We will also compensate you where appropriate, except where the Festival Package is cancelled by reason of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control or that of our suppliers, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if due care had been exercised.
- 10.1 In relation to Festival Package bookings, we promise to make sure that the component parts of the Festival Package are performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your Festival Package is not provided as promised or proves deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in performing or providing your Festival Package and, in the case of your Festival Package not being provided as promised or proving to be deficient, that this has affected your enjoyment of your Festival Package. It is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used and that your enjoyment of the Festival Package has been affected if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).10.2 In relation to all bookings, we will not be liable for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example, loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party; the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your booking and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable events or circumstances beyond our or our suppliers control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if due care had been exercised, including without limitation, exceptional or severe weather conditions, industrial action or fire. We strongly advise you to purchase your own travel insurance.10.3 We do not accept responsibility or liability for any services that do not form part of our contract with you. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which the hotel, festival organiser, transport operator or any other service that a supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised on our website as being included in the price of your festival ticket or Festival Package and we have not agreed to arrange them.10.4 The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question were properly provided. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of Singapore that would have applied had those services been provided in Singapore. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature, which might lead a reasonable customer to refuse to take the trip in question.10.5 We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, cost, expense or other sum(s) of any description (a) which, on the basis of the information you provided to us prior to our confirming your booking, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (b) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. In addition, we do not accept liability for any business losses, including loss of profit, or any losses that do not arise directly from our breach.
- 11.1 If you have a complaint or claim in relation to the festival or any other part of the Festival Package, you must tell the festival organiser, hotel, or transport provider (as appropriate) at the time the issue occurs, as most problems can be solved on the spot. If the matter cannot be resolved locally at the time, then please write an email to our customer services department at email@example.com within 28 days of returning home from your trip. This will help us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. If you fail to follow this procedure, we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under your contract.
- 12.1 We consider adequate insurance to be essential and we recommend that you take out insurance to cover your trip. You should ensure that any insurance policy covers, as a minimum, the cost of cancellation by you, and if you are travelling outside your home country for your festival, the cost of medical assistance and repatriation.
- 13.1 You must comply at all times with all health and safety requirements of festival organiser, hotel or other accommodation provider and transport provider. If you breach any of these requirements or your behaviour or conduct, in the reasonable opinion of the supplier or us, causes or is likely to cause danger, upset or distress to anyone else or damage to property, you may be refused travel or entry into the festival. We shall have no liability to you in these circumstances and no refund shall be given.
- 14.1 If the festival is located outside of your home country you will need a valid passport to travel. In some countries, a visa may also be necessary. Please contact us for any general information about passports and visas that you may need. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the required passport and visa for your destination country. We shall not have any responsibility or liability to you if you are refused travel or entry in the destination country for failure to hold the correct documentation. Please ensure you have at least 6 months validity on your passport before the travel date, as well as blank pages for any immigration or visa stamps.14.2 Health requirements for travelling abroad change and you should check the up-to-date position in good time before departure by checking the travel advice section of the Ministry of Health’s website or by checking the recommended practice with your GP, practice nurse or travel health clinic. We can provide you with general information about health formalities on request.
- 15.1 If you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of booking. We will pass on any reasonable requests on to the supplier, but we cannot guarantee any request will be met.15.2 If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability that may require assistance, please tell us before you book, or if diagnosed after you confirm your booking, as soon as possible after you become aware. If the supplier in question reasonably feels unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline your booking or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
- 16.1 In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements, we need to use the personal information you provide such as name, address, and any special needs/dietary requirements etc. We shall ensure that proper security measures are in place to protect your information and we will comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.16.2 In order to process your booking we must pass your personal information on to the relevant suppliers of your Festival Package such as the festival organiser or promoter, hotel, and transport provider. We may also need to provide your personal information to security or credit checking companies, credit and debit card companies, regulatory or public authorities such as customs or immigration if required by them, or as required by law. By making a booking, you consent to this use of your personal information.
- 17.1 This contract will be governed by and construed according to the law of Singapore. Any legal dispute arising from this contract where mediation is not possible must be settled in the courts of the country of Singapore.
We will send you an email with a booking confirmation number as well as the itinerary of the travel package.
Yes! We will seek to group friends together who have booked the same-tiered package. Just email your booking reference numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will confirm your grouping with you.
Yes. However we will group accommodation with members of the same sex and request for 2 separate beds. We believe that part of the festival experience is getting to know more people whilst having a great time!
Unfortunately we are unable to place individual customers to a room by themselves in the packages listed on Gig Life Asia.
Bookings for the packages are non-refundable. It is mentioned during the checkout process on the purchase page before payment that “No cancellations, modifications or refunds are allowed and payments are charged at the time of purchase. No-shows will be charged in full.”
No they do not. It is recommended that you purchase your own travel insurance and we are not liable for any loss of property and damages.
In the event that the festival is cancelled, we will notify you immediately and refund your booking.
We may be able to extend the dates of your stay or upgrade your accommodation depending on availability. Should you wish to do so, please let us know at the earliest date possible. There may also be an administrative fee incurred for processing any extensions.
Festival tickets can be collected at the box office on the festival grounds. Please bring along the confirmation email/number from Gig Life Asia as well as a government issued photo ID, drivers license or passport for verification purposes. Flight tickets will be issued upon check in. Please ensure that your passport has at least 6 months of validity from the date of your travel if not you may be barred from entering the country where the festival is taking place.
If you miss your flight or transfer, please contact our travel partner “The Appointment Group’s” 24 Hours Emergency hotline at +61 3 8888 8955. Please be advised that overseas phone charges may apply.